Monday, August 8, 2011

Back to My Routine?

After a wonderful vacation week, Lew went back to work today . . . for the next three weeks.  Then he will have another week of vacation!  I'm looking forward to it already.

So, one of us is back into a routine.  But it is not I.

I actually do have a weekly schedule written out, so I should be into a routine.  I created my schedule on Microsoft Excel.  Each cell of the spreadsheet represents 15 minutes.  The various types of activities are even color-coded.  For example, the "Breakfast," "Lunch," and "Dinner" cells all have a pale-green background.  Exercise time is in yellow.  Writing (my not-yet-existent novel) is in dark purple.  Blogging is in a bright pink.  And so on.

According to my schedule, I am supposed to get up at 6:45 a.m. every day.  Bedtime is scheduled for 10:45 p.m. every day.  And yes, by "every day" I do mean the weekends, too.  The time between 10:45 p.m. and 6:45 a.m. -- when I'm supposed to be sleeping -- is not actually represented on my spreadsheet, because I should be asleep and not referring to the schedule.

So, I'm doing really well not referring to the schedule as I sleep.  But as for referring to the schedule when I'm awake?  Not so well.

Maybe I should plan my days by using individual cards that represent various tasks.  Sort of like Richard Simmons and "Deal-A-Meal."  Hmmmm . . . . I will have to let you know how that goes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a day late in saying we loved the family birthday pictures and hearing of the celebration. Must have been so great. You schedule, Tracy, sounds good as well. Trust it will work well and I am inspired to try one myself.