Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dad 57: Sports, Concerts, Reunions...Oh, My!

(Dad returns to the Wednesday slot.  Enjoy his post!  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  From the damp soggy northeast great state of Maine.  Can't complain as we need some rain for the grass and crops.  Not for the beach!  Just remembered, I don't go to the beach.  Let it rain!  I can still sit on Lew's porch and stay dry.

Not much news to deliver to you, but how about those Sox (Red)?  They are starting their run to "World Series Champions" for 2011.  Take my word for it!  The Bruins won the Stanley Cup..  The Sox (Red) will win the Series!  The Patriots are on television tomorrow night as they prepare for their Super Bowl win next February.  The Celtics will have a more difficult road to win the NBA playoffs.  It will happen!  What a time to be a Boston and New England sports fan.  It doesn't get any better.  Boston is currently the "sports capital" of the world.  We are enjoying this time in history.  You're all welcome to join in on the fun and root for winners!

I'm planning to attend a concert in a couple days at the Old Orchard Beach Pavilion.  Ernie Haase & Signature Sound will be appearing and we have about a dozen people attending.  Looking forward to hearing one of the best gospel quartets in the business today.  I'll let you know how it went next week.

I'll also be attending my second reunion of my high school graduation.  I attended my 25th and at that time I said I'd go to my 50th.  Well, I missed my 50th so I'll attend my 55th.  This will probably be the last one I'll attend as I'm not "Mr. Socially Inclined."  The closer I get to the reunion I wonder why I'm going.  I'll let you know how it goes down next week.  I'm not overcome with high expectations and probably won't hang around too long.  Stay tuned!

Kaelen's last week of summer work is next week.  She'll return to Illinois in less than two weeks and resume her collegiate career.  Spouse just said that summer ends when Kaelen returns to Eureka.  I don't see it quite that way.  We are, however, on the road to fall and winter.  Don't hurry!

I hope for a more exciting, enlightening tale next time.  In the meantime, bear with me.  It is tough being at the top of your game week in and week out.

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will gladly cheer for the Red Sox, Bruins and Celtics but my heart belongs to the COLTS!!! Go COLTS!!!!

Kathy