Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Close Call?

I wrote a while back that Lew and I would both like to lose a few pounds.

After today's weekly Sunday morning weigh-in, Lew admitted that he probably would never make the required effort to get to his goal weight.

I was ecstatic!

You see, I did a really silly thing last summer. I told Lew that if he made his goal weight, I would buy -- and wear -- a bikini this year. I'm still processing the fact that this reward wasn't enough of an incentive for him. But no offense taken.

I think I hear Lew downstairs. He just made a run to the Dairy Corner. Gotta go before my ice cream melts!

(Postscript: It seems like the more you pay for a bikini, the less material you get. You would think that this would discourage some women from wearing them. But I have seen a lot of bikini-clad women on the beach that should have made a different swimwear option.)

No comments: