Friday, April 30, 2010

A Blogger is Born

I was born at 11:06 a.m. on Wednesday, May 1, 1963.

There are some humorous things that my mother documented about my birth, so I thought I'd share some of her words tonight. I did not ask her permission....

Mom wrote the following in a little book called "mom's hospital record:"

"Dad waited in the hospital waiting room until 2:00 p.m. before he found out you were born. The Dr. didn't know he was there -- tried to call him at school."

"Dad was 3 hours late in hearing of your birth. Everyone at school knew before he did. Dr. Richards didn't know he was in the waiting room. Poor Pop!"

"8 babies were born to Kents Hill faculty between Aug. & May of 1963. You were the 6th and proudly I say you were the biggest weight-wise."

"You cried as we left the hospital, quieted down in car, and when we got home you wanted to eat right away."

And I am named after:

"no one"

(Postscript: I have never called my father "Pop," but I still like to eat.)

No comments: