Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"I'M IN" Challenges #2 , #3

If you haven't already done so, please be sure to read yesterday's introduction of the "I'M IN" 92 Day Challenge to Change!

Here's the second challege:

As a church family, how many (what would be equivalent to) chapters of the Bible can we memorize?

I marked off zero squares for this one. I'm scrunching my face up as I write this, because I really should have attempted to memorize a few verses.

I do believe that Scripture memorization is important. The Bible tells me so! I need to "write" it on my forehead and "hide" it in my heart. Then in times of temptation, I'll be able to resist the devil with God's Word. That's what Jesus did.

And our third challenge:

As a church family, how many (what would be equivalent to 24 hours) days can we pray?

We tracked this in 15-minute increments. Because of the devotional time that Lew and I share together, he and I agreed that we could at least mark off one square per day.

In general, I don't think we can really calculate the exact amount of time we pray. After all, we should be praying continually. The Bible tells me so!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Memorizing my own telephone number turned out to be impossible. And I gave the wrong one out quite freely. Perhaps that 's why the landlord hasn't called about the rental contract i finally found again yesterday. But, I'm not really a phone person, and when you dial the number I've given out - no one else answers - so...ARGH!