Thursday, April 8, 2010

"I'M IN" Challenges #6 , #7

The sixth challenge:

As a church family, how many times can we give what would be equivalent to the tithe of the average "month's income?"

I'll be direct here. Lew and I believe we should tithe to our church. So we do it!

The seventh challenge:

As a church family, how many (what would be equivalent to) days can we fast and pray?

I must acknowledge that I have never been a big one for fasting. My body may have been able to handle it when I was a teenager. But not now.

Looking back over the past few weeks, perhaps I could have devoted some large chunks of time (i.e., several hours) to being alone with God in Bible reading and prayer. Maybe the idea of fasting can apply to more than going without food. I need to think about this some more.

And that's a wrap on the seven challenges.

Although the 92 days are now over, my effort to experience real life change will continue.

I'M IN! How about you?

No comments: