Friday, April 9, 2010

Diamonds Are Forever

I treasure my engagement ring, but I'm also partial to the baseball diamond.

I enjoy watching most sports, but baseball is definitely my favorite. I started watching baseball on TV with Dad when I was about 10 years old. Although there have been a few years that I haven't kept up with it, I've pretty much been a fan ever since.

I root for the Boston Red Sox, of course! There is another team that I always root against. (Do I even have to say who that is?)

In 2004, the Red Sox lost three straight games to "that" team in the American League Championship Series. In a best-of-7 series, that's not a great start. But then they won four straight games to make it to the World Series.

When the Red Sox finally retired the last St. Louis batter to win the 2004 World Series, I jumped up and down. I danced. Lew and I laughed. It was a wonderful feeling...of relief!

What a great moment. I will remember it forever.

Play ball!

No comments: