Saturday, April 24, 2010

Before the Rocks Cry Out

I was going to write about something else tonight, but I just read Barry and Suzy Gaeddert's blog. Barry writes such touching posts, and I was especially moved by today's entry. So, I leave you tonight with the following excerpt.

Barry writes:

"....The flowers don't ever forget to praise God. The birds are never too busy to sing praise. The entire creation - including the rocks - just keeps on doing what it does best: telling God how very worthy of worship He is and what joy there is in praising Him.

"Brain tumors, pills, radiation, schedules, deadlines, pressures, stress, frustration, heartache, worry, pain: these are NOT reality folks! They are only shadows of the fall. God still reigns supreme. God continues to create beauty and perfection. God continues to redeem the fall. And God always works in ways that bring Himself glory and honor, whether we fully understand what He is doing or not. So even though I live in the middle of everything on that list (and more) I choose to praise. Because I can't imagine letting the rocks do my job for me."

No comments: