Monday, March 1, 2010

Thank YOU for Today

When Lew and I pray together each night, we always start by thanking God for today.

Well, today we learned that my friend Suzy faces a difficult road ahead. Her dear husband, Barry, wrote the following on their blog: "The pathology report came with this diagnosis: glioblastoma, grade 4. This is a malignant and very aggressive brain tumor. There is not a pretty way to talk about it and there are no flowery words to use. This just sucks big time."

Suzy will be undergoing an intense treatment of radiotherapy combined with chemotherapy, followed by more chemotherapy.

I agree with Barry. "This just sucks big time."

But there's much more to this story.

Barry and Suzy have placed their love and trust in Jesus. Confident that God's word is true, Barry could also post the following Scripture today: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

We are weak, but He is strong.

Lew and I prayed for Suzy and her family tonight...after we thanked God for today.

No comments: