Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Motorcycle Game

What a beautiful day in Southern Maine!

When I got home mid-afternoon after running some errands, Lew and I went for a walk down to the Eastern Trail. On our way home, we decided to play The Motorcycle Game.

We made this game up all by ourselves.

The boundaries are the yellow poles (which barricade cars from the Trail) to our mailbox -- about a 10-minute brisk walk.

One person guesses how many motorcycles we'll see riding on the road over this stretch. The other says "higher" or "lower." Then we count....

This was our "season opener," and I told Lew to guess today. He had gone for a ride himself (which he tells me was quite enjoyable), so I figured he had a good sense of the numbers.

He guessed "12" and I said "higher." So, we needed to see at least 13 motorcycles for me to win.

We counted 14.

Oh, sweet victory!!!

No comments: