Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Batgirls of Scarborough

I e-mailed my three closest friends from high school a couple weeks ago, asking them to pray for Suzy. They each replied to me the very same day that I contacted them. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends.

Anne-Marie, Ellen, Krista, and I all still live within 10 miles of each other. (Actually, I really have no idea on the mileage, but I know it's not very many. I'm terrible with distances and directions in general. I still have trouble finding Anne-Marie's house, and I've been there many times over the years.)

Despite our close proximity, we don't have many opportunities to get together as a foursome. But, as Anne-Marie shared in a recent e-mail we are "with each other in spirit...kind of like the Batgirls of Gotham City (OK, Scarborough) -- when the signal goes up...well, you get the idea."

And I just have to say it again....I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends!

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Love, love, love this one - if I do say so myself!!! Also, thank you for the "credit" under Who's Who. ;-)

Anonymous said...

DITTO!
Just palease don't post old pics ...this Batgirl wouldn't fit into the outfit :)
Hugs
Krista