Monday, April 26, 2010

I Am Annoyed

When Lew and I became joint owners of the house that we own with my parents, we did the required paperwork to have our names added to my parents' existing mortgage. The lender made the change. That was two and a half years ago.

Everything had been fine until today.

The monthly mortgage statement came with just my parents' names on it. "Hmmmm," I thought.

So I called the lender. Twice.

The first person I talked with took several minutes to agree that I even existed. She was finally able to find documentation in her system that Lew and I had been on the mortgage. That's past tense. Had been. Did she know why our names had been removed? Nope. She said I had to fax about a billion things to their loan assumption department in order to find out what happened. Uh, I don't think so.

I called the lender again, this time at a different number which I had found on a recent mailing from them. This guy was much more helpful. He was able to find documents in their system that the other gal couldn't find. But he didn't understand why our names had been dropped either. He, at least, took some initiative and is going to have someone research this. In the meantime, he is "resubmitting" all of our original paperwork.

I have to admit that I no longer have much confidence in this very large financial institution, which will go nameless...for now.

I spent almost an hour dealing with this tonight. Grrrr.....

(Postscript: Blogging is very therapeutic!)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Blogging IS therapeutic. And I can't imagine dealing with a mortgage company. I can barely pay my bills on line yet. Our day will come, but... I truly hope your situation gets fixed QUICKLY!!!