Thursday, April 22, 2010

Singing in Spanish

This may be one of those "I guess you had to be there" stories, but I'm still going to tell it.

There is a very nice song that our choir sings that starts out in English and ends in Spanish. Please keep in mind that we memorize all of our music....

The first time that Lew and I ever sang this particular song was early last summer. We had both worked hard trying to get the Spanish down.

Lew usually stands right in back of me in the choir. He has a very good tenor voice and he sings out. I enjoy listening to him. But that morning, when we got to the Spanish part...well, things kind of fell apart for Lew. Yet he kept right on singing!

I can't re-create what he sang, because it certainly wasn't Spanish. Nor was it English for that matter.

Anyway, I got the giggles. Bad.

I spent the rest of the song mouthing the words and trying not to bust out laughing. We were, after all, singing in the Sunday morning worship service. By the end of the song, I had tears running down my face from trying to withhold the laughter.

When I told Melodie (our choir director) about it later, she said her thought had been "Gee, Tracy looks really happy this morning."

Fast forward several months to last night's choir rehearsal....

We rehearsed this same song. I was blanking on the first words (of the English portion), so I asked my friend who was sitting next to me. She answered. Then we both starting singing...the wrong verse.

We started laughing. Really hard. I think that some of my laughter was left over from last summer. But I didn't have to hold it back this time!

1 comment:

Kim said...

That is SO funny!!!!!