Monday, July 21, 2014

My New Series Goal

Last summer I finished my quest to watch every single episode of the Perry Mason television series (the original show, not the later movies).

Lew and I recently finished watching the entire run of "Breaking Bad" on Netflix.

So readers of my blog may be wondering if I have a new goal in mind. (Perhaps you are not wondering, but I'm going to tell you about it anyway!)

My new goal is not as a viewer, but as a reader.

I want to read every one of Agatha Christie's mystery novels. From my extensive (ha!) research, I learned that she wrote 66 mystery novels. She also wrote short stories, plays, and (under the pseudonym Mary Westmacott) six romance novels.

I have a chronological list of the 66 titles. I'm not reading them in order, because I don't have them all yet. I have some in paperback and some on my Kindle. I'll look for more at the library.

I do have one title in hardcover. My friend Luanne gave it to me after she found it at a yard sale. The cover artwork is beautiful, so I have it facing out on my shelf. It encourages me whenever I look at it!

 

No comments: