Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Following Up: Bridge

A week ago I wrote that I was going to learn the game of Bridge.

I am happy to report that I actually did so!

But to clarify, I only read about the game. I didn't play it. This is somewhat understandable because I'd need to play with three other people that knew the game.

I would like to play, though, in order to experience the bidding process and the scoring. The play itself seems straightforward enough, but what I read about the scoring made my head spin! (Not literally.)

After I did my Bridge research, I finished reading "Cards on the Table" by Agatha Christie.

I am happy to report that my research did indeed help me understand the story better, especially when the suspects referred to who was the "dummy" for a particular hand.

And, no , they weren't talking about me!

No comments: