Saturday, July 19, 2014

Celebrate Good Times

This past week (plus tomorrow) has seen its share of milestones and celebrations.

On Tuesday night Lew and I went to a retirement dinner for our dear friend, Judy, who has served for 15 years as the Executive Director at a local crisis pregnancy center. We had a lovely evening of honoring Judy and praising God for His goodness!

I spent Wednesday afternoon and early evening with my good buddy Carmen. We were celebrating the conclusion of our tenures as treasurer of our respective churches. (I had done it for four years, Carmen for 15!) We walked on the beach, ate Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner (thanks, Dad!), and topped it all off with ice cream.

Today I finally finished reading "...And Ladies of the Club", a novel by Helen Hooven Santmyer. I enjoyed it, but I'm so glad to be done... 1176 pages!

And tomorrow? Well, July 20th is a significant day in our family! Tomorrow will be Debbie and Glen's 18th wedding anniversary. It is also Dad's 76th birthday. And Lew and I will be celebrating 14 years of marital bliss.

Happy Anniversary, Debbie and Glen!

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Happy Anniversary, Sweetie!

No comments: