Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Dad 211: Family Summer Vacation

(My beach outing: two hours. Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! Another great summer day in the great Northeast. Enough about the weather!

Well, the Illinois clan is here in Maine and now they are at Pine Point Beach. The list of beachgoers is as follows: Tracy, Kim, Deb, Joe, Kaelen, Kelsey, Josh, and Josh's friend Katey. That leaves Zack home sleeping and Cocoa here with us at the revival of "Doggie Day Care". (We are trying to have Cocoa and Pepper free to roam under our roof. So far, so good. I'm not sure if Cocoa has spotted Pepper lying in the window.) Don't have a clue as to how long the beach outing will last. My guess is between two and three hours. Stay tuned!

For the past three summers around this time I have made repairs to my weathervane. As I look out today it seems I finally got it right last summer. The weathervane is working fine and shows no signs of getting stuck. So it looks like I will not tackle my "engineering miracle" project on the garage roof again. Whew! I'm very happy about this. I believe others are also!

The whole family (including the Illinois clan) was in attendance at Josh's playoff baseball game last night. His team lost, so they are done. Josh caught the whole game. He had two hits. His first hit drove in his team's only run. The second was a line drive over the leftfielder's head for a double; I believe this was the longest and hardest fair ball he hit this season. A good time was had by all.

We ate dinner after the game. Some of us had sandwiches right here at home. The rest went across the street to Ken's Place Restaurant. It doesn't get any better.

The conversations continued in our crowded domicile. I even told a story about my claim to fame as a basketball player while at Gordon College (where I met my spouse of 54 years). I will tell you the story at a later time.... The basketball story! Don't miss it!

Time to end this, sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: