Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bridge

As I mentioned yesterday, I plan to read all 66 mystery novels by Agatha Christie. So far I have read five. I am currently halfway through "Cards on the Table" (with Hercule Poirot).

The game of Bridge is fairly significant in this book. Here is what I know about Bridge:

  1. It's a card game.
  2. There are four players, I think.
  3. My grandmother played it.

That's it. That's all I know.

I am enjoying the book, but I think my reading of it would be enhanced if I knew even a little bit about Bridge.

Interesting to me (and maybe to you?) is that learning the game of Bridge was already on a list of things that I want to do! (Reading Agatha Christie is also on this same list.)

So, here I go, off to learn the game of Bridge. And maybe I'll even start a Bridge club... complete with tea and crumpets!

No comments: