Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Beach Party; A Birthday Party

Kim, Joe, Kaelen, and Kelsey -- and we mustn't forget Cocoa! -- arrived on Tuesday just in time to attend Josh's final baseball game of the season.

The next morning a bunch of us went to the beach. Only one member of our beach party went in the ocean, and I must give him his due....

.... Joe asked if anyone wanted to go down to the water with him, but he had no takers. So he braved the trip on his own. We all watched him as he ran toward the ocean. I even hummed the "Chariots of Fire" theme song. (Kim commented she felt like she was watching a movie.) Joe reached the water and "frolicked" a bit before diving into the crashing waves. It was a moving scene. (End theme song.)

I spent the rest of the week eating sandwiches. My father had bought lunch meat and cheese. He didn't want it to go to waste, so I obliged. Everyone else helped, too.

Little Adam will be a year old this Tuesday! His party was today. Lew and I (a.k.a. Grampa and Tia) attended. I will end this post with some party photos for your viewing pleasure. :)

The Birthday Boy! I love how his eyes smile.
The Birthday Boy without the pacifier!

 

The Cake - Before.
The Cake - After.
One of Adam's gifts. Assembly (still) required!

 

No comments: