Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Dad 212: greek god (?) and a high-wheeler

(Note to my father: "Yes, posting the photos can be done!" Note to all others: "Enjoy Dad's post!" ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! The sun is trying to break through the clouds this morning. I believe it will succeed. No complaints on our summer weather. Seems to be pretty good. We have had good sunny days with some showers late in the day. Some showers have been violent. Even had a couple tornadoes touch down a few miles from home. No damage locally, but not true in other areas. Hope the tornadoes are over.

This past week I attempted to find a picture of moi from 50 years ago. It made me look as close to a "greek god" as possible for a body like mine. Well, I have searched and have not found the picture. Several family members doubt the photo ever existed. I promise you it did!

While desperately looking for the photo, I came across several (hundreds even) pictures taken in past years. I have two that I will have my editor post today. Not sure if it can be done.

This first picture shows me (in clamdiggers) and spouse probably about 54 years ago during our first year of marriage. I hope you can appreciate the slim upper-body that I had back then. This picture is as close to the "greek god" status that I was searching for. (If I ever find the other photo, I'll be sure and post it.)

 

This second picture shows me at age 12 on the first high-wheel bicycle that we owned. The picture was taken in front of our cottage at Old Orchard Beach. (The same bike is now hanging in a garage in Eureka, Illinois. It became Kim's as she rode it in several parades and demos "back when.")

Written top left: "Freddy 51"

 

I hope you enjoyed the photos!

Since I have agreed to not get too wordy this summer I will not put anything else in print today. Both my proofreader and editor will appreciate this.

Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: