Friday, January 6, 2012

Hammie

When I sign on to Google, my iGoogle page shows several "gadgets."

The left-most gadget is Google Calendar.  I wrote just a few weeks ago about making this sync with the calendar on my iPhone.  I am happy to report that all is going well -- so far anyway!

There are two gadgets in the middle of the page.  The top one is Gmail.  I don't really use my Gmail address much at this point, so there are rarely any messages there.  The bottom gadget is Google Reader.  This helps me keep up with all of the blogs that I follow.

The right side of the page also has two gadgets.  The top one is the Weather.  I have it set to display Scarborough, Maine.  The gadget is telling me that it is currently 28 degrees here.  Brrrrr!  (But is also predicting a high for tomorrow of 43 degrees.)

The bottom gadget is a Hamster.  I have renamed this gadget "Hammie" after Lew's hamster from childhood.  I just looked at Hammie, and he is currently sleeping.  But I could wake him up and have him run around in his exercise wheel.

Hammie has a water bottle in his "cage."  But he gets no food unless I feed him -- one pellet of food per one click of the computer mouse.

It may sound strange, but sometimes I feel guilty when I don't feed Hammie.  If I am on the iGoogle page for a while, he starts to look up to see if there is any food coming his way.

Yes, I am being intimidated by a virtual hamster.

What have I come to?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG -- you are not the only one -- I just got the hamster --I called it "My little hamster" -- and feel guilty too -- like it will starve if I don't feed it!!!