Monday, January 30, 2012

Breakfast for Lunch

I now have gone out for lunch two days in a row.

Today I met my friend Carmen at IHOP.  We both decided to get an omelet.... Is the correct spelling "omelet" or "omelette"?  My extensive Google research of two minutes informed me that "omelet" is preferred by American writers.  The French spelling of "omelette" is used by non-American English-speaking writers.  So, my initial choice of "omelet" makes sense given my nationality.

But back to my breakfast -- er, lunch.  After our scrumptious meal, we still had some time before Carmen needed to head home.  So we decided to go walk in the Maine Mall... not shop, but walk.

We walked the length of the mall three times without going inside even one store, although we were tempted to go into the Coach store and buy ourselves new purses.  But we decided that it wouldn't be prudent.

My tummy has been very happy these past couple days.

I won't be stepping on the scale any time soon.

No comments: