Friday, January 20, 2012

DVR Dilemma

The new season of "American Idol" started this week.  We currently have two episodes of it recorded on our DVR.

Lew really enjoys the show, and I have always watched it with him.  I find it somewhat enjoyable, although some years have been better than others.  For example, I thought that last year was pretty good.  The year before, not so much.

My dilemma is that I don't want to invest the time into watching the show.  But my husband wants me to watch it with him so that we can talk about it together.  (I admit that the "cultural literacy" argument favors watching.)

A second DVR disagreement is over the TV show "Chuck."  Lew and I have watched every single episode of this show together.  This is the show's final season, and I think there are about three shows left.  But the other day, Lew said that he didn't feel like watching the show any more.  WHAT?  With only three episodes to go???

So I have decided that here, on Mainely Tracy, I would announce my decision.  I will watch "American Idol" if Lew will watch the very few remaining episodes of "Chuck" with me!  That's more than fair, right?  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds fair to me. Idol had some good singers this week as well as the horrible ones that think they are great.
Kathy