Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Dad 80: FOOTBALL... and basketball

(Dad asks two questions below.  My answers:  "I hope so" and "Yes."  Enjoy his post!  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  From the now snow-covered northeast coast of Maine.  Wintah' is heah'!  Last week's storm dumped about ten inches of the fluffy white stuff.  The crack meteorologists predicted the coast to receive about one to three inches -- a dusting.  The storm took a slightly different track.  Well, at least, I got a chance to use the plow.  Out in the cold in a nice warm truck.  Only about six weeks left until March!

I promised Tracy to be brief this week.  Last week I had to beg her to enter my blog (it was way too long).  It was an ego trip for me.

I'm sort of in neutral now just waiting for two more football games.  Rooting for the Patriots and Giants to succeed against the Ravens and the Niners.  Then, of course, the Patriots can turn the table on my second favorite team (Giants).  A Patriots win can never be payback for the Giants' win, denying the Pats of an undefeated season.  That, to me, was the single most devastating loss in pro sports history.  Let's get it right this time around.  Pats, are you listening?  Of course, the Ravens and Niners will leave their own stamp on the results.  Go Pats!!!

Sorry to hear Jim Caldwell was fired as coach of the Colts.  With Peyton Manning he was something like 24-8.  Without, 2-14.  I don't believe he'll be out of work for too long a period of time.

One more sports story.  The Boston Celtics are playing horrible basketball.  I've followed the Celtics since the early 1950s.  They have had some bad teams, but never lost five in a row with the talent they now have.  I don't believe Doc Rivers is too pleased with their record.  Please get it straightened out soon, or the playoffs will not be in your sights.  I'll watch again tonight.  Hope for a win!!

Was this short enough, Tracy?

Just waiting for Spring!!  I do not like wintah'!!  I can't be great every week!!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: