Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Love Free eBooks

There is a website that I follow that lists free eBooks for the Kindle.  It's called eReader Love and it sometimes has multiple posts per day regarding lots of free eBooks.

Now here is my problem:  I will never have the time to read all of the free books that I've already downloaded.  Yet I still look through the new listings.  I just can't help myself.  I mean, what if I miss something really good?  And there are some good limited-time free offerings.  But there are also a lot of books that are not even worth the zero price.

I have developed some guidelines so that I don't continue to download too many books.  (I've already admitted that it's too late for that, but please indulge me a bit here!)

I do not download a book if:
  • I don't want to read its description.  (If I can't get through the description, then I probably can't get through the book.)
  • I see the word vampire or paranormal anywhere in its title or description.
  • It appears to be of the Horror genre or Erotica genre.
  • Reading it would be bad for my soul.
  • It is merely a romance novel.
  • It has a bare-chested man on the cover.
I have just one rule for a book that I do download:
  • I am definitely going to read it.
My success rate on that last rule is currently far below 100%....  What if I miss something really good?!

No comments: