Sunday, November 14, 2010

Published!

When talking with friends about what I want to do when I grow up, I have been responding that I would really like to write a book.  PROBLEM:  What should I write about?  (I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out.)

I was looking through some stuff tonight, and I came across a book in which I actually am cited as an author!

Granted, I am one of three authors.

Granted, the three of us authored only one chapter of the book.  (Chapter 22.)

Do you want to know what the book is?  I am sure you would find it fascinating.  It is a collection of professional articles about water utility management.  I collaborated on our article when I was a graduate student.  The article was also published in a professional journal.

I just found reference to this article online.  And there is my (maiden) name right there as one of the authors!  Pretty scary, as I don't recollect anything at all about the research and calculations we did for this project.  So if any water industry professional were to track me down somehow and ask a question I would be clueless.  But in my defense, the article was published back in November of 1999.  I have not really kept up with this field since then -- despite its fascination.

I do not believe that any of my readers are water industry professionals.  But, just in case, I have decided not to reveal the name of the article nor the book.

And if you happen to be curious enough to search and come across the reference to the article online, I will deny any involvement.  I know nothing.  :)

But hey!  At least I am published!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Cool! We need to start our blog or book!