Monday, November 8, 2010

Power Up, Cable Down

I am writing and sending this post to my blog with my iPhone. We have no Internet service right now because our cable is not working.

We had a very windy night last night. We lost power around 11:45 pm and it came back on around 5:45 am this morning. Although the cable service is not back up in our area, we are thankful to have power. There are still several homes that don't.

I do have a recommendation regarding the advice we are given every six months when the clocks change. The advice is to put new batteries in smoke alarms and other such devices....My recommendation is to follow this advice!

Last night, Lew and I were awakened at 2:30 am by the "low battery" warning beep on our carbon monoxide detector. The battery is only a backup. So after the power had been out for a few hours, I guess the battery used up whatever juice it had left. Poor, old battery.

Our carbon monoxide level was at the "safe air" level, but our opportunity for a good night's sleep had been disturbed.

I replaced the battery with a fresh one.

Ooh...We just heard a large vehicle go by the house. A cable company truck, perhaps?

Thanks for checking in!

No comments: