Friday, November 12, 2010

Another Career Option Eliminated

Lew and I enjoy watching the country music award programs when they are on television.

The CMA Awards show was on a couple nights ago.  We DVR'd it for viewing at our own leisure.  We watched about half of the program last night.

I think that I could have been a somewhat decent country music singer, but watching these awards shows always reminds me of why I never would have made it.

You have to be able to write your own songs, but I might have been able to do that.  Just pick a topic, write about it, and you have a country music song.  (Don't believe that?  There's a song about a "Big Green Tractor.")  So, no, it's not the song-writing.

It would be helpful to be able to play the guitar.  I can't.  But as I said, it would be "helpful" -- not a deal-breaker.

OK, I guess you have to be able to sing somewhat.  But I can sing as well as a certain teenage country music star, who shall go nameless here.  (She's a lovely, likeable girl....but I don't understand her musical appeal.  She is a mediocre vocalist, at best.  And all of her songs sound the same to me!)

So...finally...the real reason I could never be a country music star:

I refuse to wear those high-heeled boots.  I would fall flat on my face....

No comments: