Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's That Time Again

Today, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, is the day on which I usually start to ask myself, "What was I thinking?!"

Lew and I host the family Thanksgiving dinner, which we really are delighted to do.

But, if you've been a regular reader of my blog, then you know that I don't COOK!

So, right about now, I start to very slightly panic.  But only very slightly, because I have figured out the secret of hosting Thanksgiving dinner:  Get everyone else to bring the food!

Lew takes care of the turkey, and I do make a sweet potato casserole.  The sweet potato casserole is quite good, but it takes me forever to make -- my lack of cooking experience is probably to blame.

Emily is coming over early Thursday morning, and she wants to be put to work.  I will be more than happy to oblige her.  (I think it's time she learned how to make sweet potato casserole....)

If prior years are any indication, I know that we will have a wonderful time together.  And in the long run, "So what?!" if something doesn't come out of the oven just quite right.

We are very blessed.

No comments: