Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day

I am sporting a round sticker that says "I Voted Today!"

In the days leading up to an election, I look at the sample ballots online and determine how I'm going to vote.  If there's something that I'm unsure of, I try to find more information -- newspaper articles, websites, campaign pieces, mailings, etc.  Lew and I then review the ballots together the night before the election, and we make what we call our "cheat sheets."

When we were looking over the ballots last night, there was still one item that we were questioning.  So Lew called a very knowledgeable buddy to get his input.  Input was received, and we were ready for today.

On my way into the voting site, I shook hands with two of the folks on the ballot.  I told both of them that they would be receiving my vote.  (I should probably mention that they were running for different offices!)

When I texted Lew about the shaking of hands, he texted back that I should "wash up."  I then called him and said that these were the people that we wanted, remember?!  And then he reminded me that they had been shaking hands with people all day, so his advice to me was health-related -- not politics-related.

Oh.

Now that I have voted, I am looking forward to watching the election coverage tonight.  I am going to stay up until my eyes slam shut!

No comments: