Sunday, November 7, 2010

Food, Glorious Food!

The first Cracker Barrel in the state of Maine opened this past week.  Lew and I went to it today with some church friends.  I had only been to a Cracker Barrel once before (when I lived in Kansas), and Lew had never been to one.

Today was only the 7th day of business for the Maine location, so the place was pretty crowded when we arrived around 1:40 pm.  When we heard that it was going to be a 70-minute wait, I thought my husband was going to faint right then from hunger!  But it turned out that we waited for only about half an hour.

My Grandma Whisler would have turned over in her grave if she saw what my meal looked like.  I ordered Chicken with Dumplings, Corn, Fried Apples, Macaroni and Cheese, and the Corn Muffin.  Grandma would have insisted that I order something green so that my plate would have some color.  :)

Despite the yellowishness of my meal, it was delicious!  I ate every bit of it.

Lew and I both wanted the same dessert.  Ordinarily, we share a dessert when we go out to eat.  But neither one of us wanted to share today.  The dessert was the Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola Cake.  (I hear they take all of the calories out before serving it.)

I ate every bit of this highly-recommended dessert, and I would have licked the plate if I had not been out in public.

Happy, happy tummy.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would have SO been with your Grandma on this one Tracy--your plate did need some green :) But I'm an advocate for lots of color on a plate!

Aunt Debbie said...

Next time you go try breakfast and make sure you have the hash brown casserole (like home fries) with your eggs!! The best!