Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Grammy and I Watch TV

Lew's mom is still in rehab for her dizziness.  I try to visit her around lunch time on the weekdays, as she usually has some type of therapy session in the mornings and afternoons.

Yesterday afternoon's schedule was a little different, so Verlie got to watch her soap opera at 1:00.  I actually watched the whole hour with her.  I had not watched an entire episode of a soap opera in years.

Verlie quickly got me up to speed on who the characters were and which ones were "good" and which ones were "bad" and which ones were trying to kill each other and which ones had been married several times and, like I said, it didn't take very long to get all caught up.

I feel culturally literate now!

"Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives."

No comments: