Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dad: Unedited XVII

(I think my entire family is obsessed with our pets.  Our furry friends have been mentioned quite a lot lately, and Dad's post tonight continues the trend.  Dad apologizes for a "bad blog" tonight, but I hope you'll enjoy it anyway!  --  Tracy)

Is it really Wednesday already?

Back home in Maine.  Derf here!

Spouse and I arrived home on Saturday, October 30th, just in time for Halloween and the last two baseball games of the year.  The San Francisco Giants completed their domination of the Texas Rangers.  My dog in the fight was eliminated at regular season's end.  Boston!  Wait 'til next year!  (I've use this line many times in the past).  Spring training will be here before you know it.  Yippee!

Upon entering our home, Pepper wasn't sure if I belonged in her house and started to go hide under the bed.  She suddenly realized her buddies were back from afar and is back to her routine of sleeping all day (most of the time in Mary Lou's lap on the couch).  While away, Tracy cut Pepper's treats by one-third.  I will try to comply with the cutback.  Pepper is not obese but is in fine physical shape for a cat turning 14 years old next May.  I must admit that Pepper doesn't need as much care as Cocoa does.  Her age also assures us that she is much more mature than Cocoa.  On the cuteness scale, Pepper and Cocoa are at the top.  Fine specimens they are.

As I look over what I've written today, I am unimpressed with my results.  Perhaps I'm suffering for staying up so late watching election returns.  Not a bad way to spend an evening.

I'll do a better job writing next week, so please don't abandon me for one bad blog.

Until next time.

Toodle Pip!  Derf

P.S.  I am ashamed of this post!

No comments: