Friday, November 19, 2010

A Full Day!

This has been (and will continue to be) quite the day!

First of all, it is my niece Kelsey's 17th birthday.  I'm still in a little bit of shock about how old she is getting to be.  She has no gray hairs yet, but still....where have the years gone?

Happy Birthday, Kelsey!

Another big thing that happened today was Verlie's "home visit" with the physical therapist from the rehab center.  I picked them both up around 9:30 this morning.  We drove over to Verlie's house so that the therapist could see Verlie in her own environment.  She asked Verlie lots of questions and will write up some recommendations about the space.  There are a few more hurdles to clear, but we are praying that Verlie will eventually be able to return to her very own home.

While we were at Verlie's house, we saw something out the window that shocked us all.  It was SNOW!  OK, so it was just a very, very light flurry, but still....

I could get along quite well without snow.

As for the rest of the day....well, I am writing my blog a little earlier than usual.  When Lew gets home from work, we are going to go out and grab a quick bite to eat.  And then we will go and complete our biggest grocery trip of the year -- our Thanksgiving Dinner shopping list.  There will be a few things to pick up next week, but just a few.  Tonight's the night.  I am always a little frazzled after this annual event, so that's why I'm posting beforehand.

I fully expect to be staring blankly at the TV later this evening!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yep. Big shopping trips knock the wind out of my sails!!!