Saturday, December 11, 2010

Our Weekend

Today is 12-11-10.  How cool is that?!

Lew and I went out to breakfast this morning with Dick and Carole, our Saturday morning breakfast buddies.  We realized that we won't be getting together again (for breakfast anyway) until January 8, 2011!  Next Saturday morning, Lew and I have a church choir gig.  And then the following two Saturdays are Christmas and New Year's Day.

The rest of our day has been taken up with errands and getting caught up on things around the house.  We are hoping to watch a movie tonight to unwind a bit.

We'll be busy tomorrow with church and a visit to Lew's mom and brother.  (I heard that Verlie did well her first night back at home.)  We'll probably watch a little Sunday football, too!

Last night we went to see Carole (an above-mentioned breakfast buddy) perform in a Christmas program.  She signed two songs.  That's not a typo by the way.  She signed -- as in sign language -- not sang!  She did a beautiful job.  She's a very expressive performer.

Carole also made four tunics for the production.  This is the same Carole of jewelry-making fame.  She can knit, sew, crochet, cook, make wedding cakes, and....well, I could go on and on.  I realized today that I am the anti-Carole!  I can't do any of those things!  :)

No comments: