Thursday, December 9, 2010

THAT is the Question

Now that 2010 is almost over, I have been asking myself, "To blog daily or not to blog daily in 2011?"

I enjoy writing, but sometimes it is difficult to come up with something each and every day.  OK, so Derf helps me out on Wednesdays, but that still leaves me with six days a week.

Pros for daily:
Keeps my writing habit going.
Keeps my fans (!) in the habit of reading "Mainely Tracy."
Shorter posts are acceptable.

Cons for daily:
Motivation level hard to keep up.
Ideas are not always easy to come by.
Time constraints.
The risk of boring my many fans with too many boring posts!

I know there are additional pros/cons, but the above is what I came up with on the spur of the moment.

What to do, what to do....?

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Derf was a little nervous after he read this post. He asked, "Are you giving it up?"

I reassured him that "Mainely Tracy" will continue! I'm just debating the "daily" part. :)

Lew said...

Keep writing baby. I enjoy your musings.

Anonymous said...

Tracy, dear. Don't give up. Your blogs are a bright spot in our days. Love Derf's blogs as well. Blessings! Aunt Jean & Wendy

Debbie said...

Tracy, I just wanted to let you know I look forward to reading your blog. I usually read it right before I go to bed.
Maybe you could have "Derf" do two days instead of just one. I'm sure he has a lot more to tell!! I could probably tell some tales about him!! he-he

Aunt Debbie

Kim said...

Recruit Aunt Debbie for some tales too!!!

Anonymous said...

Tracy,
Keep writing. I love it and look forward to reading you every night before bed. I also love Derf's Wednesday post. Maybe a tale or two from Aunt Debbie on Derf would be fun. My vote is keep your daily post.
Kathy