Sunday, December 26, 2010

Here It Comes

The snow has started to fall!

I just checked the National Weather Service forecast for our zip code.  We will probably be getting at least a foot of snow before this ends tomorrow.  That's at least -- it could be as high as 20 inches.  Yikes.

My father usually has a plow attached to the front of his pickup truck.  The truck is stuck in 4-wheel drive, however, so it is down at the repair shop -- scheduled for repair tomorrow morning.  The plow is sitting at the end of our driveway, looking pretty but not very useful.

But please do not fret for us!  Glen's father is our "backup plow guy" and he is on call for tomorrow, if necessary.

I say "if necessary" because sometimes these big snowstorms fizzle out before they reach us.  They predict 18 inches of snow, and we end up getting 2 inches -- much to the chagrin of the local weather reporters.  They love reporting on inclement weather, and they always seem to be wearing sweaters during their "Storm Center" segments.

I will hopefully be able to post a weather update tomorrow, provided we do not lose power!

(Postscript:  We had a lovely Christmas Day.  Had breakfast at our house with Lew's side of the family.  Then my folks, Lew, and I went down to Debbie's house for a midday meal.  I know that you will be shocked to hear that I ate too much.)

No comments: