Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dad: Unedited XXII

(I think my father's theory is a good one.  In fact, I've thought of it myself.  Have you?  At any rate, you should now understand why I enjoy math stuff.  I guess it's in the genes.  Enjoy Dad's post!  -- Tracy)

Derf here, in the cold Northeast.  We're not supposed to have our temperature rise to the freezing level for two or three days.  I'm still quite happy as we have no snow on the ground.  The Chevy is ready, however, as the plow is attached.  I am just waiting for the storm.  Wouldn't it be nice if we got no snow all winter?  The last couple days the mountains have received over a foot of the fluffy stuff.  I hope they continue to get it for the ski business, but just keep it from the coast.  Thank you, Lord, for your cooperation.

So much for the weather.

Derf's theory of days, months, and years quickly flying by:  Even though time flies by faster than I want it to, I have a theory why this happens.  It goes as follows.  Years ago when I was two years old, one year was one-half of my life.  As I proceeded to ten years old, one year was only one-tenth of my life.  Do you get the picture of what I'm trying to say?

Now that I'm in my seventies, one year is one-seventieth of my life.  So you see that one year is such a small percentage of my total life span that it goes by much quicker than when it was one-half of my lifetime.  Does that explanation make sense to you?  It does to me!  So there!

During the year Spouse and I get a chance to watch grandsons Josh (our honor roll student) and Zack play baseball and football.  Those games are played in much warmer weather than we are now experiencing.  There are times, however, early on in the baseball season and later on in the football season when the weather is disgusting, biting, and miserable.

Times certainly have changed since we were young, as we now get a chance to watch Josh play baseball during the winter months.  Josh and Zack no longer play basketball, so winter baseball is it.  Every Friday night at 7:00 p.m. or 8:30 p.m. Josh has an indoor baseball game for one and one-half hours.  It takes place at "Frozen Ropes," an indoor facility that can handle two games at the same time.  So far Josh's team has won all their games, but the kids just have fun and are improving their skills.  There is not a whole lot of pressure.  The kids enjoy the experience and are coached by the local high school coach who has a son on the team.  When Coach is not available, Josh's dad (Glen) takes over.

Spouse and I attended last week's game and I plan on going to all the rest of the games, weather permitting.  I hope this update keeps you up-to-date.

Not a great job on this post, but as one philosopher said:  "A bird in the hand gathers no moss!"

Until next week,

Toodle Pip!  Derf!

No comments: