Saturday, December 18, 2010

Egg vs. Chicken vs. Tuna

Lew and I went to a Christmas party tonight at the home of some church friends.  We had a wonderful time, and I ate too many sweets (as usual).

Our contribution to the party was a finger sandwich platter -- 12 tuna salad, 12 chicken salad, and 12 egg salad.

I did not make the sandwiches.  Why would I do that when I can walk into Hannaford on a Thursday and order the sandwiches for a Saturday pickup?  :)

Lew had told me to "go heavy" on the egg salad, as it is always the first to go.  That's his theory anyway.

I did not listen and ordered the same amount of each.  I like symmetry.

At the end of the evening, here's what we had left:

1 egg salad
2 chicken salad
6 tuna salad

So, I guess Lew's theory was partly correct.  He is viewing this as a complete victory, although the chicken salad was a really close second!

(Postscript:  Lew also has a pizza theory.  When ordering for a large group of people, "go heavy" on the pepperoni.  I happen to agree with him on this one!)

No comments: