Friday, December 17, 2010

The Maine Mall

Today I went to the Maine Mall.  There were hardly any people there.  Ha!  Actually, I think there were hardly any people in the state that were NOT there!

I got to the Mall shortly before 1:00.  I was concerned about finding a parking space but happened to come across a pretty good one.  I even backed into it.  (I am my father's daughter.)

I didn't have a lot to purchase, but I was still there quite a while.  I'm not a great shopper when it comes to clothes, but I do enjoy poking around in bookstores, gift shops, novelty stores, and the like.

I saw Santa!  Several tracks of model trains are on display where the kids get photos taken with the big guy.  A very festive atmosphere, indeed.

I ate a late lunch at the food court.  I had a hamburger, cheese fries, and root beer.  My hamburger was FREE!

When I finally headed home, the traffic in the Mall area was outrageously busy.  I had to wait at many lights -- some more than once -- before I finally emerged from the mess.

I do not plan on going to the Maine Mall again until after Christmas!

(Postscript:  Regarding my free burger....Lew ate at the Mall early last week, and he won a hamburger. He gave the ticket to me. Kind of makes me feel slightly guilty about yesterday's fudge. Slightly. Kind of.)

2 comments:

Alex Steed said...

Did you get the burger from Johnny Rockets? I am typically the snobby health food sort, but I have a soft-spot for that place. They do a surprisingly good job for what it is.

Tracy said...

Yes! I couldn't remember the name of the place, but that is it. Thanks!