Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day

Happy Birthday, America!  May God shed His grace on thee....

Lew and I had a delightful day celebrating our freedom.  We started by celebrating our freedom to worship and attended church this morning.

The afternoon was spent reading, snoozing, and watching the Red Sox go down in defeat.  (But we still love them.)

Lew grilled some hamburgers for dinner.  We took a walk afterward.  I guessed 12 for The Motorcycle Game.  (Mom and Kim also entered guesses of 20 and 16, respectively.)  Lew said "lower" than my 12.  We saw only five.  Congratulations, Sweetie!

Cocoa and Pepper met tonight.  I missed the meeting.  My understanding is that Pepper was smelling a sleeping Cocoa when Cocoa awakened, saw Pepper, growled at her, and chased her under the bed.  Well, the cat went under the bed but the dog didn't, thank goodness.

I had to leave Pepper's "night-night" goodies under the edge of the bed.  She hasn't come out yet.  Cocoa has gone to the camp for the evening, so hopefully Pepper will emerge at some point.

Poor kitty!

No comments: