Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dad: Unedited III

(Dad is guest blogger today! -- Tracy)

I'M BACK AGAIN.

I have been advised (actually requested) to shorten up my creative writings.  I will attempt to comply.

See you next time!

(Kidding)

On our wall by our computer I have posted our "Wall of Fame."  One member of the wall is our new-found four-legged friend Cocoa (a chocolate, brown, and beige cockapoo).

Cocoa arrived on the scene with Joe, Kim, and Kelsey from Illinois on July 3rd.  For almost one month now our small home space has become "Doggie Day Care" for Cocoa.  In fact, he is snuggled up to Mary Lou on the couch as I'm at the other end of the couch writing this.

I've managed to bond with Cocoa so that when I go outside he will yelp away until I return.  I won't mention the rug stain.

Yesterday a man walked by with a small collie and saw us sitting on Lew's porch with Cocoa.  He walked down the driveway to meet Cocoa.  The first three seconds went well.  Then Cocoa started barking like a crazed maniac.  I think Cocoa sees himself as a serious watchdog.  He is so mistaken.  The man petted him while his collie stood in amazement watching the loud puppy.

While "Doggie Day Care" is operating, our poor cat Pepper stays under the bed.  We keep the doors closed so Cocoa can't search her out.  Once Cocoa leaves for his beach house the cat can be seen searching for treats, which she gets because she has earned them!!

Probably we'll have only one more day with Cocoa as the Illini crew will head back to Eureka on Friday.  Kaelen will stay on to work a couple more weeks at the Clambake before flying home on August 19 to prepare for another year of college.

The month has flown by and we're sorry to see it end as part of the family returns home.  In the planning is a trip for Mary Lou and I to Eureka in October to witness Kelsey as a cheerleader (not too enthused) and a drum major (excited about this)!  Hope to catch Kaelen in a concert, also.

Friday will be a sad day as Illinois becomes the goal of Cocoa and family.  We'll miss them but we thank God for having them visit every summer.  We must not dwell on the negative, but be thankful for the positive.

Have a safe trip, Joe, Kim, Kelsey, and Cocoa.  We'll keep in touch and the "good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise" we'll see you in a short 2 1/2 months.

The only happy one Friday -- PEPPER!!

And, Tracy, I cut it from 4 pages to 2 1/2!!

No comments: