Friday, July 23, 2010

Not In Kansas Anymore?

My Dad mentioned tornadoes in his post on Wednesday night.

The National Weather Service confirmed that 3 tornadoes did indeed touch down in Southern Maine on Wednesday night.  I just watched a news clip of some of the damage.  And, fortunately, the only lives lost were those of two cows.  (The other eight cows in that particular barn were saved.)

We are not used to any kind of tornado events here.  We're not exactly tornado country.

I remember only one other time when a tornado touched down in Maine.  It was a teeny one and did minimal damage.  And it happened only a couple days after I had moved back to Maine -- from Kansas of all places.  (Spooky!)

1 comment:

Kim said...

I've been missing Kansas lately. Those big green fields, brick buildings and big big blue sky! Ahhhhhh.