Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dad: Unedited

(Dad came through!  Below is what he turned in to me on his yellow lined pad of paper.  It is typed in as he wrote it, except for one spelling debacle.  Apparently my sister has already read this, as Dad wanted to make sure it was "dumb" enough to be on my blog.  I'm not quite sure how I should feel about that....LOL!  Enjoy! -- Tracy)

IT IS HERE!

The Guest Date has arrived!

The birth of a new blog!

Over the past months -- weeks -- hours -- minutes even -- I have been seriously pondering writing a blog on a regular basis (daily? -- weekly? -- monthly? -- or annually?)  You will not be required to vote for the regularity, as I do not want to be restricted to once a year.

Eventually I'd like to publish a book of blogs, as I hope to include up to date data along with my experiences over the past many many years.  I can't tell you how many years as you would learn of my wife's age.  Contrary to "Mainely Tracy" I have not mentioned her age (one year older than my current age for one week).  Of course I could bring this up in the next few days.  But I won't.  Well I don't think I will.

Prematurely I have even considered titles for my blog.  A couple that come to mind are "Mainely Tracy's Blogger Dad" or "derf newog the blogger."  Derf Newog being the mirror image of my name.

I have a few problems to overcome before writing for real.  On a good day I can turn the computer "on" and "off."  I can read my e-mails but have no idea how to respond to one.  So, as you see, I need some work.

I will be working diligently to improve my skills.

You now know of my plans.  I can sense your anticipation.  I will be ready in September.

See you then!!! Maybe
(You'll love my reminiscing -- guaranteed)
(I've got a million stories to tell.)
Stand By!!!!

2 comments:

Pam Groff said...

I'm looking forward to your blog Fred aka derf!

Kim said...

I can't wait for the stories!!!