Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Dad 238: Sweet Pepper, the Blizzard, and a Mailbox

(We all miss dear little Pepper. Jerry has been going over to my parents' side of the house to keep them company; he's such a good kitty! Dad wrote about a lot in his post today. Read on.... ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! Here in the Northeast we're enjoying the calm after the storm. The sun is actually trying to show itself. The blizzard lasted from about midnight on Monday until the early morning hours of Wednesday. We now have a new two feet of snow and drifts of three times that much. The experts are predicting between six inches and a foot this Friday followed by another storm on Monday. Where will we put the snow? I'm ready for April!

This has not been my week. Our almost 18-year-old cat seemed to be failing quite a bit on Monday. Since September she has been dealing with kidney failure. We had a good fall with Pepper, but Monday she did things she had never done before. We found her in places she had never even been in before. I stopped in at the vets and made an appointment for early afternoon. Pepper and I shared a can of tuna as we have done for many months. Then it was off to the vets. I knew it was the end and they agreed with me. After signing in a few places I left Pepper with the vet. I must admit I made a fool of myself and cried like a baby. As I write this the tears are starting to begin again. I made it home and was fine until I entered my home and saw Spouse. It is really strange to look on Spouse's end of the couch and not see Pepper. She is missed! If you care to see a nice photo of Pepper, check Tracy's post from Monday (two days ago).

Then the blizzard came. While plowing for the first time Tuesday morning with Lew, I was telling him how to be careful when plowing and never rush. "Take your time." Well, I wiped out my mailbox. The mailbox itself was not destroyed as the post broke near the ground. Pure stupidity on my part. This morning I plowed for the third time after the blizzard and then decided to get some sort of a non-permanent mailbox to hopefully get us through the winter. Using the mailbox with its broken post, I designed a strange looking device. Bought some tubesand to fill buckets to help with the stabling of my invention. Going to give it a try. Did I say I'm ready for April? I'll be able to put a new post in the ground. Until then I hope my invention works.


The entire contraption is for the mailbox. (Photo and caption by Tracy)

Well, we are getting ready for the Super Bowl. We will root for the Patriots. The Seahawks are a good football team and they will be tough to beat. On December 3, 2014 I predicted on this blog that the Patriots would be in the Super Bowl. I thought then they would play and beat the Packers. The Packers didn't make it, and I'm not as confident the Seahawks will be as easy to defeat. We do hope, though! GO, PATS!

My rambling will end now. This makes my proofreader and editor happy. Too long! Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: