Monday, January 5, 2015

Into the Woods . . . Yes!

The Woods are just trees.
The trees are just wood.
I sort of hate to ask it,
But do you have a basket?
I have been singing the above lyrics from Into the Woods since Friday! Lew and I went to see the movie that day, and I must say that I enjoyed it immensely. Lew liked it, too!
 
I was introduced to Into the Woods when I worked at Sterling College. The theater department did it for the Homecoming musical one year – 1990, I think. I saw all three of the performances, after which I bought the original Broadway cast CD (and eventually a DVD). I love this musical, so I was really excited when I heard about the new movie. Although the movie is not exactly the same as the stage version (a few things were left out), it stays pretty true to the show.
 
Go see it!
 
(PostScript: The above lyrics are sung by Little Red Riding Hood while she is taking all of the baker's yummy goods. Little Red is on her way "into the Woods to Grandmother's house.")

No comments: