Thursday, January 15, 2015

I've Got "I've Got Confidence"

When we heard gospel singer/songwriter Andre Crouch had died, Lew and I listened to several of his songs. "My Tribute (To God Be the Glory)" has always been a favorite. Another song we listened to is "I've Got Confidence."

"I've Got Confidence" was also recorded by Elvis Presley. With all due respect to Elvis, my favorite rendition is sung by Sherman Andrus on The Imperials "LIVE" album.
 
I loved listening to the entire "LIVE" album when I was a kid. (I know we still have the vinyl recording somewhere.) I have looked several times on iTunes and Amazon to see if a digital version of it existed. I had no luck until I looked again last week. Finally! I bought it from Amazon. Oh, Happy Day! (That is also on the album, by the way.)
 
I have yet to play "I've Got Confidence" for Lew, but I do believe this experience is in his near future.
 

No comments: