Friday, January 16, 2015

Be Careful, My Little Mind

Writing Prompt: Bedtime stories.
 
I don't remember whether I had bedtime stories as a child. (Did I, Mom?)
 
I have learned over the years to take care with pre-bedtime entertainment. If a movie, program, book is too unsettling, then I will lie awake for several hours. It's not good to have your mind dwelling on unsettling things.
 
If we should watch a movie on the weekend that gets to be a little too much, then we will do the entertainment version of "cleansing the palate" by watching a fun show - for example, an episode of "Frasier."
 
Lew and I have our devotion time (Bible reading and prayer) together at night, so that is a nice way to calm our hearts and minds. Then we both will read something enjoyable. I usually read until I can't keep my eyes open; this phenomena is usually accompanied by not comprehending the prior page or two! Then I fall asleep fairly easily.
 
I think I may read a bit right now. And it's not even bedtime!

No comments: