Friday, April 13, 2012

Some Great Things I Did Today

I fell back asleep after Lew left for work this morning.  When I woke up, I grabbed my cell phone in a panic.  It was 8:23 a.m. and I was supposed to meet Ellen at 8:30 a.m. for our Friday walk date.  I sent her a text:  "Are we walking!" (and yes, I did use an exclamation point instead of a question mark).  She responded with "I forgot it was Friday!"  (Ha ha!  We are quite the pair.)  We changed our meeting time to 9:00 and all was well.

A couple hours later, I was standing at the end of the car-wash building watching two young men towel down my newly-washed vehicle.  When I first drove up, I asked the attendant if he thought it was "time."  He looked the car over and said, "Nah, you're good."  He was good-naturedly lying, of course.  I told him about my once-a-year ritual of getting my car washed -- whether it needs it or not.

I was home in time to watch the pre-game ceremony for the Red Sox home opener.  (I always get a little teary-eyed when I see some of the former players.)  The Sox actually pulled out a win, 12-2, so they have improved their record to 2-5.  Let's keep this new winning streak going, boys!

After Lew got home from work, we leaped into his car and drove down to Old Orchard Beach....  Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, we made our first "Pie and Fry" run of the season tonight!  And it was delicious.  To complete the evening, we drove to the Dairy Corner for ice cream.  (We have our weekly weigh-in tomorrow morning, so we have impeccable timing.)

Today was a really great day.  :)

No comments: