Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dad 92: Waiting On Spring

(Dad wrote this before the Red Sox game today.  They have since LOST, so they are now 1-5.  Heavy sigh....  Oh, and the lawn does look... um... beautiful.  But please, no pink flamingos!  Enjoy Dad's post!  -- Tracy)

Derf Here!  From the cloudy (no, the sun just came out) Northeast.  One moment it is cloudy, the next sunny.  That is our weather now and supposedly for the next few days.  Spring doesn't seem to blossom as expected.  We'll wait.  It will arrive within the next few months, if we are lucky.  I'm patient!  Not too patient, though!  Please, Spring, HURRY!!!  I want to finish my projects.  I want to be ready for summer if it arrives.  It will!  It always has!  One other request: Temperature, please rise.  Thanks!!

Well, my favorite professional sports teams are keeping me busy on the tube.  The Red Sox are now underway for the 2012 season and not exactly getting the results I wanted or expected.  Hopefully their performance will improve soon.  I'll know in about one hour as they play an afternoon game in Toronto.  Go Sox!  Enough baseball for today.

The Celtics are doing better than I expected.  Just beat the LeBron James crew for the second time in 10 days.  This win came in the opponent's house.  I doubt they will continue this in the playoffs.  It is fun to watch as it happens.  We'll see tonight as they try to fire up their "old" bodies for a second night in a row.  Not good to play back-to-back at their age.  We'll watch, at least until I know the outcome.  Go Celtics!  My favorite team since the 1950s.  Oh how I recall listening on the radio for another championship as they were the greatest dynasty in pro-sports history.  Never will it be duplicated.  Never!!

The family is excited as Glen, Deb, Josh and Zack are about to make the trek to Illinois to visit the Henrys.  A lot of anticipation in the air.  I doubt Bob (Glen's dad) is too excited, as he must deal with Sadie (the big friendly dog of the Reed family).  Good luck, Bob!

The spring projects continue even though the weather is not like Spring.  Delivered my tractor to the dealer for servicing.  Hope I get it back in time to mow lawn.  Batteries are installed in motor home and Bantam.  Both vehicles are up and running.

I received a phone call from sister Jean the other day.  She continues to improve with help from daughters, Wendy and Kathy, and Gordon (Kathy's husband).  As the weeks go by, all thoughts and prayers are accepted with thanks.  Prayers do make a difference!  Even one of Jean's doctors made that comment.

Last week Tracy made a comment about what her lawn would look like and wondered if she should be concerned.  Well, several new ornaments are now on the lawn, and I would say she should be concerned.  Not even close to what her grandfather would have on the lawn, though.  (Family members should understand this comment!)

The Sox are now on.  Good bye.

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: